Friday, January 16, 2009

Sleep? Who needs sleep!

I don't need sleep no not at all. The fact that I am trying to get myself back into a normal sort of sleep schedule isn't helped by the fact that I'll go to bed and can only stay asleep for 4 hours. Isn't THAT nice. So I get up for a few hours then try to go back to sleep. Trouble is, for instance, at this moment I'M NOT TIRED.
And all these lovely questions start running through my mind with all this time on my hands saying "Maybe you don't really want to go teach in Taiwan do you?" If you don't want to do that What DO you want. And nothing springs to mind. Going to medical school springs to mind only because I have been watching old episodes of Doogie Howser and talking to one of my best friends who is at medical school. Me and med school probaby wouldn't get along to well. It's not even that I don't have stuff I could be doing.
So why the heck am I not doing it? I don't know folks.
I'm starting to feel isolated which I suppose is my own damn fault. I could go to temple or church, I can go to the studio. But I don't. The only people I've talked to this week face to face are counselor (who is in Vietnam for Chinese New Year for a month) and my two roommates and the cats. That is really sad. I went to see my adopted fam last saturday which really cheered me up and helped me feel good. So I know I need to see some people. quick. This is just getting ridiculous. One does not live on internet, computer programming, books, or sleep alone.
Fine maybe I sound pitiful. Whatever. It's dumb. How indeed did Paul learn the secret of contentment?
I'm so silly. Don't get me wrong I love having this time to prepare for going to Taiwan but it's a big job to break it down even to figure out how to get the cat there, when should I go? Will I have enough money to tide me over until the first paycheck? Will I even get accepted?! If not this then what?!
Gack.
pitiful

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home