Sunday, July 31, 2005

Shifra

It is funny how it can take a cat to remind of certain things in life. I got a tri-color calico kitten this week and named her Shifra. Shifra is hebrew for "grace and beauty". It describes my little friend well. She is both beautiful and graceful (thinking wincingly of the cat learning to jump off the bed and falling off while chasing toys....and running her head into the wall then getting stuck headfirst between the wall and the bed crack. She got herself righted but it was funny). The cats I grew up with lived to be 18 and 19 years old. I haven't had kittens since and I've missed them. Their playfulness, their stubborness, and their ability to just cuddle up to you and love you. Science says that petting animals dogs and cats, can lower blood pressure and make you happier. I have to agree with that. I have just wanted to love on Shifra ever since I got her. She is a blessing and makes me remember not to take myself so seriously. Gives me small things to laugh about constantly.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Other Gatekeeper said...

I remember when one of your cats decided my face would be a good bed. I couldn't breathe for two days. Blessings with your new little friend. May she be cute, friedly, and just a little bit pesky! :)

August 16, 2005 at 10:12 AM  
Blogger The Other Gatekeeper said...

*friendly*

August 16, 2005 at 10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home