Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Farmer John: Potatoes and pushups

You would think being 26 years old I would have enough sense to eat enough food to keep my body chemistry stable when I know that can affect my emotional outlook. You would think as old as I am I would know enough not to stay up until 2 and 3 am and still expect to be chipper and content and not be asleep between calls, no doubt drooling into my keyboard and amusing the onlookers in other cubes. You would think I would have enough sense at my age to exercise regularly. Well welcome to the midlands. I am neither anymore very young twenties nor am I yet bolting up the hill toward middle age. It has become a novel experience to see at various times, friends near or over my own age (and now myself) treating ourselves like we are still college freshmen staying up all night and playing tag at 3 am (Christina)(phone or otherwise) on a work night (school night), eating junk or not eating enough in my case to get by, and proud of ourselves if we even think of exercise. HA. Again I say HA. Well so be it then. Self-discipline is good at any age, but the gradual and sudden realization of gravity and your shift within it emotional,spiritual, and physical!) and reality on your body at the later twenties and on is also a not so gentle reminder that speeds up the older you get that if you don't take care of yourself you will reap what you sow. Just call me Farmer John.
Well gotta go plant some potatoes and pushups. Til next time barnyard buddies!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Open almost any lock with Kwick Pick. This versatile and lightweight portable lock pick can open padlocks, car doors, file cabinets, front door locks, desk drawers, toolboxes, luggage, gas caps, and much more.

June 9, 2005 at 12:32 PM  
Blogger The Other Gatekeeper said...

Middle of the night tag in Scott Field!!!!!! w00t!

No way could I do that now if there were anything happening the next day!

June 9, 2005 at 3:30 PM  
Blogger Leyla Tov said...

anonymous...who the heck are you....

June 10, 2005 at 11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My voice is tender
My waist is slender
I'm often invited to play.
Yet wherever I go
I must take my bow
Or else I have nothing to say.
What am I?

June 14, 2005 at 4:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea, I currently have started the journey to recover my own youth or what segments are left of it. Gym, education and spending time with our kids. Oh and your account is active Miss. Hand Activated as soon as you signed in

September 22, 2005 at 11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home