Wednesday, January 02, 2008

In Memoriam

I've had my salt water tank a whole 2 or 3 weeks now (there is some time warp in this house no one remembers for sure). The first fish I got was George he died same day I got him from stress. I got a yellow tail damsel fish who is thriving...maybe
last week I got a clownfish that I loved dearly. He was geting weird cottony white stuff on him. Probably Marine Ich. I was worried about him so I had my tank mentor who has been saltwater aquaristing for 5 years go up and take a look at him. While I was down with my roommate talking and trying to figure out why he didn't come down I went up and asked him what was wrong. The clown fish was dead on the bottom of the tank. Face it there are more depressing things in life, but a dead clown fish in the midst of a pms induced post holiday depression... is.....very depressing. Once again I spiraled into sobs and once again I have to work my way through losing yet another fish. Establishing an ecosystem is so fun. How does God do it. Once again I am reminded that He is God and I am not. sigh.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dusty M Brahlek said...

If you would like I will talk to Seth for you. He has set-up a few and has GREAT easy ways to start the tank off with sucess. I am sure your tank mentor has some of the same ideas. But if you would like more ideas drop me an email and I will get you some :)

January 7, 2008 at 1:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home